Braised Tofu & Citrus Salad
A light yet high protein salad made with citrus, almond and tofu
Dairy & Gluten Free
Contains Soy & Nuts
This is a great winter salad to brighten up those grey days since citrus is really at its finest in winter. If you have a chance to check out your local farmers market, choosing a really fresh head of lettuce makes such a taste difference. I call this one a salad meal as it has everything to satisfy your taste buds and hunger - this one will keep you going!
- 1 225g can Marigold Braised Tofu
- 1/3 head of lettuce (approx 250g)
- 1/2 orange
- 4 radishes
- 20g flakes almonds
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- Wash and dry the lettuce, then tear in to pieces with your hands. (Top tip: never cut lettuce with a knife as it will brown.)
- Drain the braised tofu and cut the tofu into bite-sized pieces. (If you like the marinade, put it to one side as an alternative dressing.)
- Cut the orange into slices (cut the top & bottom off and then slice down the sides with a sharp knife), then flip it on its side and slice in to rounds of flesh.
- Pickle the radishes by adding them to a small cup of 100 ml water, a few pinches of sea salt, and the juice of ½ lemon. Let them sit for 5 minutes and they will turn a lovely pink color! Then slice.
- Slice the avocado and squeeze a little lemon on it to prevent browning
- Split the components of the salad onto two plates, starting with the lettuce. Then, dress and serve salad.